- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Best Places To Study For An Exam
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
Best Places to Study for an Exam
It is your exam, and you intend to study with all your heart for it. But where should you go? Here are three of the best places to tag along your notebooks and learn more about your lessons:
Of course, this is going to top the list. The library is and will always be the best place to study for a lot of reasons. One, despite the growth of students, it still remains to be a very quiet place, allowing you to concentrate on the lessons. Second, you can easily decide to study as a group or alone, as there are tables to accommodate your requirements. A lot of libraries have very long operating hours, so you can choose at your own time. Fourth, libraries have become more equipped technologically. Some already have several PCs or even laptops that are already connected online.
Classrooms can be quite limited, as you need to depend on class schedules. However, they are still great for studying because, one, you tend to feel more comfortable in a familiar environment. You can easily compare notes with your other classmates. If you are lucky to have a prompt teacher, you can actually discuss what you have learned with them. You will be surprised what more information you can get from having a one-on-one discussion with your professor.
Park or Garden
The greeneries you see around are therapeutic, and they are perfect for taking short study breaks. A lot of parks and gardens are solemn as well.
How To Prepare for Exam Time
It isn’t just your brain that should be prepared come exam time. Your body must also be as cooperative. Here are 3 ways to be physically prepared:
1. Give yourself time to study and relax. One of the reasons why you should not procrastinate is to ensure that you have ample time to study your lessons ahead of the exam schedule. In between you can entertain study breaks. If you study at the eleventh hour or only a few days before the exam, you will surely experience a high level of stress, which will do no good to your body. It only increases your chances of getting sick and deprives you of much-needed sleep. You’ll dread the exam day, and your mind is not going to think properly.
2. Sleep early. If you have followed point no. 1, then definitely you won’t have any problem sleeping early. Getting the right amount of sleep is essential to restore your tired body. It also cleanses your mind, and it reduces anxiety or panic, which usually accompanies your anticipation for exam time.
3. Relax. If you’ve done everything to do well in your exams, then you have nothing to worry about. You won’t have full control of the outcome anymore, so there’s no need to panic. Moreover, to get rid of any tensed nerves, which may only heighten your panic that you cannot think clearly anymore, shake your body for a bit and take slow deep breaths. You can also do the latter when you feel the same tension while in the middle of the exam.