- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Common Themes in Literature
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
Books, novels, short stories and other literature materials produce different stories, plots and characters. However, the themes in literature used by the authors are often the same. Here are some common themes that you will find in literature.
The themes in literature may be the same but their interpretation may vary for different authors. The theme represents the main idea of the literature.
Of course, the theme of Love is very hard to ignore. It is the most common theme of all in every type of literature. The main characters are often depicted as doing everything they can in the name of love. The basic theme that love conquers all still prevails in modern literature.
Family or blood relations is a simple theme but it is used by a lot of authors. This is a common theme because every one can relate to it. The conflicts between family members, the trials, hardships and success is a common element that you will always see in literature.
A good literature is not complete without the aspect of human struggle and sacrifice. The main character can be shown struggling against the society or even against oneself.
Another common theme in literature is the idea that good always wins over evil. This is shown as a moral lesson to the reader that doing good or having a positive virtue is always rewarded in the end.
Literature is just a mirror of life and death. The idea of death is also regarded as a common theme in literature. You will often read novels or short stories where death plays a part in the plot of the story. The author also depicts that death is a part of life and it is inevitable.
Many modern literature revolves around these themes. These common themes are known to provide great stories and lessons for the readers.