- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
Sometimes you spend an hour sitting on your desk and studying but you feel that you can only retain few information from your study materials. Here are some real life tips on how you can get the most out of your time studying.
One of the major factors why you could not study effectively are the distractions surrounding your study area. Is your study area quiet enough for you to study? If your answer is no, you better consider finding another quiet spot in your house. Noises coming from televisions, radio, people and so on can really affect your focus and concentration.
Before you start studying, you have to make sure that all your study materials are within reach. Searching for your book in the middle of your study session can break your momentum. Get all your books and place a waste basket nearby to avoid standing.
Make it a habit to study for short periods of time with breaks in between. It has been proven that most people can absorb more information when they implement this kind of study habit. For your breaks, do not think about your studies and let your mind take a breather from absorbing information. This recharges your brain and it keeps you from getting tired and burned out.
When taking notes about what you are studying, always write it down using your own words. You will have a better understanding of the main topics by using this technique. Also, instead of underlining important texts and keyword, you should just highlight them.
Remember that these tips can be changed to fit your needs. If you feel that a particular strategy works for you, then stick with it. You have to find the right formula that will help you study more effectively.