- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
Exams are coming up. Are you ready? Here are 3 ways to focus when studying:
1. Find a quiet place to study.
Often people are motivated by their environment. For example, if you hear fast or poppy music, you tend to move around a lot or even dance. On the other hand, if you find yourself in the company of friends, you can’t help but focus your attention on them. Simply put, when you want to concentrate on your lessons, it’s ideal if you find a quiet place to do it, such as the library, garden, or park. You can study in your room as well, though it may not be the most brilliant especially if you are easily tempted by your bed.
2. Train your mind to get rid of other things.
Being a student doesn’t shelter you from other responsibilities or worries. However, when you have to study, you should try your best to get rid of these issues and bring your mind to the duty at hand: understanding the lessons. This is definitely easier said than done, but if you practice meditation or even visual exercises, you’ll learn how to shut certain parts of your brain and redirect all efforts to books and notes.
3. Allocate a good time to study.
They say that you can do more if you’re an early riser, but latest studies reveal that this doesn’t hold true for everyone. This is because our biological clock is different from all the others. Thus, decide what time you’re at your best or energized and use it to be more productive by studying.
How to be prepared for an exam
To be honest, nothing will ever guarantee success in your exams. After all, you do not really know what types of questions your teacher is going to ask. However, you can drastically increase your chances of scoring high or even obtain a perfect score when you follow these handy tips:
1. Study way ahead of time. Rather than spend a lot of time online playing games or chatting with friends, you can use the hours to read chapters or take notes on advanced lessons. This way, if it is time to tackle them, you already know the topics by heart and you will not have a hard time studying them anymore.
2. Give yourself enough time to study. Granted, some teachers love surprise quizzes, but normally they give you enough time, such as days or even a couple of weeks, to cover all the topics for the exam. Use the lead time to properly divide your study hours. This is to prevent information overload and mental and physical stress.
3. Study with a group. Though it is also necessary you have to study all by yourself, you can also benefit when you do it with a group. For one, you can get information that you may have never caught or have missed during the discussion. Especially if you get to find a group who is caring and who shares your interest, studying does not have to be a burden anymore. Instead, you will feel more motivated as well as inspired.