- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
When studying for an important exam, the best way to get all those major points in your textbooks is to write them down. Simply reading your textbooks or notes may not be an effective way of retaining information unless you are really good in memorizing. By writing down those major keywords, you are making sure that your brain retains these information.
Begin by reading the textbook and jotting down quick notes on the side and then summarizing those notes you have made in your notebook or paper. If you have any questions or particular objections on any of the topics you are reading, it is better if you also write it down. You can follow up on your questions as you read your textbook.
Summarize all those notes that you have written down. You can just use a freestyle paragraph or you can make charts for a more organized summary.
As mentioned before, you should always follow up on any questions you have. This will give you a better understanding of what you are reading. If you find the answers, do not forget to write it down.