- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
The Taming of the Shrew Study Guide
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
The Taming of the Shrew Study Guide
- The Taming of the Shrew Study Guide
- The Taming of the Shrew Study Guide Act 3-5
1. What is Bianca's response to Lucentio's (Cambio's) and Hortensio's (Litlo's) argument over who will tutor Bianca first? (lines 16-22) What does this reveal about her character?
2. What is Lucentio's translation of his lesson? (lines 31-36) What is Bianca's translation of the same passage? (lines 40-43)
3. What message to Bianca does Hortensio (Litio) encode in the gamut (scales)? What is her response? (lines 71-78)
4. Contrast Hortensio's statement in Line 76 with his statement in lines 89-90. What does this reveal about his character?
1. Why does Kate weep (line 26)? What aspect of her character does this reveal?
2. How is Petruchio dressed for his wedding (lines 43-64)? Give at least 4 specific details. What is the reaction of Baptista? (use quotes)
3. How does Petruchio respond when asked to change his clothes? (lines 112-123)
4. What do you learn of Lucentio's plan to marry Bianca in lines 128-148?
5. What does Gremio call Petruchio in line 155? Why is this ironic?
6. How does Petruchio behave during the wedding ceremony? (lines 158-183)
7. How does Petruchio leave the wedding feast? What reason does he give in line 229?
1. What images do Grumio and Curtis use in their banter? Why are these images chosen?
2. Accodring to Grumio in lines 21-24, what has changed?
3. What has happened to Kate on her way to Petruchio's house? How did Petruchio respond? (lines 68-80)
4. How does Petruchio treat the servants? What is Kate's reaction?
5. Which of Petruchio's insults to the servants is your favorite?
6. According to his sololiquoy, what is Petruchos' plan?
1. Summarize Tranio and Hortensio's conversation concerning Bianca. What do they both decide? What is ironic about this?
2. What are Hortensio's plans for marriage? (lines 37-39)
3. What role does the Pendant play in Tranio's plot? How does Tranio get him to play along?
1. What does Kate's opening monologue reveal about her condition?
2. What must Kate do before Petruchio will feed her? (lines 38-47)
3. What does Petruchio think of the hat? the dress?
4. What does Petruchio tell Hortensio to do in line 162? What does this imply about Petruchio's behavior?
1. How did Tranio distract Baptista for the evening?
2. What does Biondello tell Lucentio (Cambio) to do while Baptista feasts with Tranio?
1. Why does Hortensio say "the field is won" in line 23? Who has won and how?
2. What game to Petruchio and Kate play with Vincentio?
1. What's ironic about Vincentio's arrival at Lucentio's house?
2. What does Vincentio think has happened to his son?
3. Why do Lucentio and Bianca ask pardon of their fathers in lines 109-111?
4. How do the fathers react to the news of Bianca and Lucentio's wedding?
5. What do Petruchio and Kate do at the end of the scene?
1. What offensive does the widow make to Kate? What does Petruchio tell Kate to do?
2. What is Bianca doing during the banter? (lines 42-43)
3. Describe the bet? What does the majority expect will be the outcome? What is the outcome?
4. What is the message of Kate's final monologue? Do you think she is sincere? Has she been tamed or is she only acting?
Source: the film The Taming of the Shrew, 1967; Encyclopedia Brittanica.com