- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Tips on Designing a Study Area
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
Designing a study area in your home is important if you do not want any distractions and if you want to get serious in your studies. You can base your design on the available space and the resources in that room.
The first thing that you have to look for in your study area is that it has to be a quiet place and there is minimal distraction going on in that particular area. The corner of your room is ideal if you don't have a separate room for studying. Hallways with extra space at the end can be turned into a study area.
Lots of decors can be too distracting. You can put some of your personal things to add your own personality to your study area.
Choose a desk that has the right height for you. Your desk and chair has to be comfortable enough for you to study and do your school works every day. You can have your desk against the wall which means that you will have your back on the rest of the room. This way, you can concentrate more and avoid being distracted.
Your study area should be organized. If your desk is too messy, you may lose the interest to study. It would be better if your desk has drawers so that you can have a storage space for your smaller school supplies.
Another important factor for a good study area design are the lighting.You may need additional lighting if your overhead lighting is not sufficient enough. You can use wall-mounted light instead of lamps to save space on your desk.