- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Tips on How You Can Do Well in High School English Class
Error messageNotice: Undefined index: db43380 in include_once() (line 1 of /home/studygui/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).
English class in high school is not a walk in the park for every students. English class usually gives out reading assignments, term papers, essays and long exams which can be difficult for the students if they are not guided properly. If the students are willing to succeed and have the desire to learn, they can pass English class easily. Here are some tips that a student can use to improve their performance in their English class.
Like all other High School classes, you should never be late for your English class and try not to miss one. If you are always absent or late for classes, you may miss valuable information such as schedules of your exams.
You always have to pay attention and actively take notes. If your teacher brings up an important point, note it down immediately.
You can make a daily planner so that you cannot forget the due dates of your assignments and projects. Late submission of assignments or projects can negatively affect your English class grade.
If your teacher assigns a book report or a reading assignment, try to read a chapter or a couple of pages every night. Cramming or reading the book in one day can be overwhelming and you may not produce a good assignment or report.
Do not hesitate to ask questions if you do not understand the topic being discussed in your English class. You can also approach your teacher after class if you want to clarify something. Your teacher would be glad that you are asking questions because this just means that you are really interested in getting a good grade in this subject.
Be actively involved in the class discussion of the reading material. By doing this, you will be noticed by your teacher and this can pull your grades higher.